Importance of mobile app UX
Hundreds of mobile apps are getting launched in the app stores every day. Studies reveal that 90% of all downloaded apps are used only once and then eventually deleted by users. There are many reasons behind this, but the first and foremost reason is “Poor User Experience.”
The success of your app is contingent on a number of different factors, however, the most important one is the overall user experience (UX). Delivering a quality UX will make the difference between a successful mobile app and one that fails in the market.
Without a thorough understanding of your users’ behavioral patterns and psychological underpinnings, you won’t be able to build a successful product that satisfies your users and exceeds their expectations. Gathering user data and creating user personas is just the beginning of the long UX journey. Mobile users now demand a lot more from apps to keep them coming back after the initial download.
Business benefits investing in mobile app UX
User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) designs are two extremely important factors to consider acquiring the ball right. UX designer must have to take a more holistic approach while optimizing mobile application and have to look beyond the standard usability principles of feedback, user-flow, visibility and structure.
UX design increases your revenue
- Ease of use. Ease of use directly impacts your sales. Indicators of an easy-to-use application include intuitive navigation, useful onboarding, and UX design patterns that require no time to learn.
- Reduced number of steps. To reduce the number of steps required, UX designers come up with solutions like one-page checkouts that allow customers to proceed to purchase right after they’ve picked the product.
- Clear calls to action (CTAs). A button that says “Subscribe to our email list” or “Contact us” is an example of a call to action. UX designers understand that leaving users without a clear call to action isn’t acceptable. In fact, KISSmetrics found that a video with a CTA button got 380 times more clicks than the same video without a CTA ‒ pretty convincing, isn’t it?
In addition, UX design also helps in other ways.
- UX design motivates your users to interact with your content
- UX design increases customer loyalty
- UX design stimulates word-of-mouth
- UX design keeps you from wasting resources
By investing in better UX design solutions, you’re able to avoid wasting human resources, time, and money.
Improve the user experience of your mobile app by implementing these tips
The User Experience plays an important role in influencing the users and so the app designers need to pay very special emphasis on this zone. The UX is a tool that enhances the experience of the users and makes navigation faster and easier.
- Matching the Industry Standards: Whether you are designing an app or an Android or iOS platform, you have to necessarily maintain the best standards that match with the current trends.
- Avoid Unrelated Inputs: Don’t ask the users the unnecessary details if it isn’t required or very necessary. For instance, you don’t need to ask the birth date or address of the user unless and until you are making an app deemed fit for the adults.
- Answering the feedback from Users: Well, it always nice you are responding well to the user’s feedback even if it is a negative comment. Try to be quick in your response.
- Improve the speed of video and animation loading: You have to keep in check the speed of loading especially the videos and the animations if any. Slow loading will lead to abandon the app.
- Intelligently Using the White Space: Once the process of on-boarding is complete; the user at times becomes clueless regarding the next set of actions to be taken. This is mainly because they come across a white or blank screen. So, you have to make use of the white or the negative space intelligently and play with the designing tools to increase or decrease the alignment size.
- Focusing on the Accessibility: In a research, it has been found that nearly 49% of the Smartphone users hold their devices with just a single hand and amid those figures, 75% literally use their thumb to navigate the screen. So, the point is that you have to design the screen accordingly so that it becomes easily accessible.
- Improving the UX Designs through Colors: As a UX designer, you must know that the color plays a decisive role in app designing. So, you need to be smart enough to choose the right color and texture for the app that can draw the attention of the users. In fact, color even influences the purchasing decisions of the customers.
Mobile apps can only be successful when they are easy to use, and when users feel they can intuitively interact with the application. To make sure that a mobile app’s UX is intuitive, you will need to engage in redevelopment if you already have a mobile application. It also makes sense to seek advice from consultants who would be able to advise you if you need redevelopment. Sometimes, it may not be necessary and just updating certain content or tools are enough. If you have set out to get a mobile app developed, make sure that you focus on UX, as this is one of the most important criteria for an app to be used continuously without being deleted or uninstalled. We would be glad to help you with your mobile app user experience enhancement, and our team will make sure you achieve the success you need.
“Rule of thumb for UX: More options, more problems…”