Digital Marketing Strategy - Course Brief
Why is it that some people are able to make amazing strategies and others are grappling with it. Why some strategies give amazing results than those of the others. Are you using opinion as a strategy or are you using the structure to plan a solid strategy that may churn results? The knowledge that you possess makes a big difference. Our parent company hired many freshers in the past and after working with us for
a couple of years, most of them were recruited by some of the most respected companies globally. The reason being the structures that they learned and which eventually made them a pro in strategy building and planning.
“Just after working here for 4 years, I've got a raise of 7x using the structures I learned, now I am working as the Head of Marketing, traveling internationally, making a mark for myself in the industry, my clients love me ” - Shafi Ahmed, Chennai
Aji Issac Mathew
CEO, Indus Net TechShu P. Ltd Building Digital Marketing Strategies for businesses since 2002. Know what the students has to say about Aji.
A+ grade Course Syllabus – This is core difference
This is designed by A+ grade thought leaders, doers who are creating success stories every day and channel researchers who knows what are the quick wins of 2019.
Digital is very powerful provided used correctly. The biggest challenge is the vastness it offers. One can spend the whole year working on various things but get very little result or spend some limited time on few selected areas to get exception results. Also it offers few things which other marketing channels may not offer like niche-group branding, research just before sales (some industries have 80%+ market here) etc. Some of it is very critical for SMEs. Did you know over 95% of the business units are SMEs? Being really good at Digital marketing can also help you get very good salaries in SMEs, this career option is very critical for everyone esp when the market is bad.
The biggest gain is there is less supply, a lot lesser than the demand, we are talking about A+ grade professionals, in digital this is the only crowd which will enjoy the true digital growth as they create the max impact. Look at the course we have.
- Digital TG Segmentation including search TG segmentation based of keyword groups, profile TG segmentation based on demographic and behavior etc. This is key to strategy
- Channel Selection excel sheet that helps you select the right channels
- 4 digital markets, right message and CTA for every TG-Channel combination
- The 12+ strategy components and how to get it right. This is where a true structure and secret emerges to speed track right strategy making
- How to make ads for different channels, TG and buyer stages
- How to optimize landing pages with right CTAs for better result
- How to manage the budget, understand 1:4:12 rule of budgeting, a major mistake that professionals are forced to make. Also, see examples of 3-year budget planning
- How to create Digital marketing dashboard for reviews
- How to conduct digital marketing reviews the right way
- Core marketing principles and how it impacts your digital marketing, how to get your positioning right for digital
- How to have the right mix of people in the team and agencies, people factor is critical too, what to outsource, what to keep it inhouse
- Tools that are critical for all research and strategy. The most consolidated list. And much more ….
It ain't like other digital marketing courses, this is A+ grade, that makes you ready for industry, that enables you to learn more and attach to your structure, the USP is, what you learn on Sunday changes your Monday, plain and simple, most practical classes ever. At DMU we focus on actionable advice (see what people say about us), so our training sessions help individuals learn the core strategic concepts of digital marketing from a business perspective and learn the best practices for digital communications.
Preparation: There is mindset, skill set and tool set
Attitude of digital marketing professionals
- Think more about customers and business
- I know it all, My customer is an idiot
- Disrespect to others, they never work from heart
- Knowledge is one part of the story, intention and character is the true success story
- Think win-win, think of others before thinking of your win
- Professional, manager, leader and Entrepreneur within you
- Reading material: Business canvas
- How to be a problem solver
- Level 5 leaders
Preparation: Marketing fundamentals
Learn all about the basics of marketing first
- 7Ps of Marketing
- Target Markets, Positioning, and Segmentation
- Offerings and Brands
- Value and Satisfaction
- Why people buy
- Type of customers
- Formulated Marketing
- Competition – Direct and indirect
- Hedgehog principle
- Product – Core Product, Actual product, Expected product, Potential product & Augmented product
- Pricing the offering
Preparation: Digital Industry changes
Understand the industry dynamics first hand
- From Search Engines to Social media
- From information to Entertainment
- From anonymity to identity
Where digital marketing leaders are created
- Information -> Wisdom
Module 1 - Introduction to Digital Marketing Strategy & Planning
Introduction to Digital Marketing Strategy & Planning
- What it means to be good at digital marketing strategy, what it means in a real sense. Different components of it.
- Let’s start with the true role of marketing – What is the role of the marketing according to you?
- Digital marketing definition that stitches it all
- Attitude that makes a huge difference
- Introduction to course and getting along for a long journey of perfection
- Project: Since the business owners fund the marketing, they have a certain expectation, marketing in a silo is not purposeful. Prepare a business questionnaire, what you will ask a business to understand the business better as described in the class
- Assignment: What are the possible outcomes expected for digital promotions? We discussed over 7 outcomes, can you list it down.
Module 2 - It all starts with knowing how to put goals
It all starts with knowing how to put goals – A very detailed session with assignments, examples, case studies
- We will be using the OKR method to set goals, a life skill as a business leader, this can be extended to any phase of life
- How it starts with a draft, then weightage, then analysis (competitor, market, SWT and TG analysis), how all this helps you getting objectives for 3 years, goals for a year, detailed numbers for each quarter, can be extended to months and weeks. With examples and exercise
- Short, mid and long term goals
- Branding, organic growth and sales mix
Module 3 - Starting the strategy as per goals – Selecting TG, Selecting channels
Starting the strategy as per goals – Selecting TG, Selecting channels
- Different types of digital markets
- POEM – How to select , how sometimes paid is cheaper than organic
- Different TGs
- Selecting different Channel
- Types of consumption within channels
Module 4 - How to get the messaging right?
How to get the messaging right?
- Messaging for different TG – Different phase of customer
- Message for different channel
- Different CTA
- How to create right ads – value proposition
Module 5 - Investment of assets, how to get assets right
Investment of assets, how to get assets right
- How to integrate?
- Offline & Online integration
Module 6 - How to allocate budget & define ROI
How to allocate budget & define ROI
- We have a budget allocation matrix with different components, based on goals this can be filled up. Also, this can give you a rough roadmap for 3 years
- LTV and FTV concept, what are the things in our hand to optimize for optimal CPA
Module 7 - Channel strategy - Search
Channel strategy - Search
- Paid, organic & branding (Paid Owned Earned)
- Strategy components, the core areas that impacts, structures to each paid channel. This is the quickest way to get control over your ad campaigns. How to look at the report, how to do the analysis of existing campaigns etc
Module 8 - Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Landing page optimization
- Learning the most effective ways of creating a landing page, this is unlike any other training, this is based on your goals, customer funnels, and the best practices. This is not only for PPC landing pages but also for organic traffic landing pages.
Module 9 - Channel Strategy - Social, Profile & Content
Channel strategy - Social, profile & Content
- Paid Owned Earned
- Hygiene – Investment for goals mix
- Content consolidation vs content creation for 2019
- Viral Content vs content for TG
- The best practices, the strategy components
Module 10 - Case discussions, Q&A, readings and more
Case discussions, Q&A, readings and more
- In this module, we will discuss case studies from the industry and also touch upon advanced technologies and tools. Also, we will cover some aspects of tracking, marketing automation, and tools. In addition, we will have a 1 Hr Q&A from the trainees.
- How to make a right team, dashboard, reviews and improve execution. This is a great session on, will also help in how to hire the right people for your team
- See more trends, example and know how to stay updated
- Based on the Q&A touching some of the common areas of concerns, also showing some of the advanced campaigns to give you an idea about possibilities. This will give you a great idea on how to come up with new campaigns and ideas.
Module 11 - Analytics, Marketing, Automation
Analytics, Marketing, automation
- Making sense of Google analytics
- Other analytics, how tracking actually works
- How is voice tracking happening, privacy issues
Module 12 - Full Strategy Component continues along with analytics, big data, and full-funnel tracking
Full Strategy Component continues along with analytics, big data, and full-funnel tracking
How tracking works, different options you have for tracking along with understanding the full elements of strategy making
Complete the program successfully with 70% attendance and pass the test for the certificate. You also get an official DMU Alumni Status to be part of a community of Marketing Leaders in India - View Certificate
Why this course
24 Hrs of Instructor Led Live Interactive Sessions
12 Real Life Case Studies from different Industries
2 Live Projects with Real Marketing Spend
Become Google & Hubspot Certified
Access to DMU Learning Portal for 3 Months
DMU Professional & Alumni certification
Master 25+ Top Digital Marketing Tools
Our trainees are associated with
Beginner to an expert in the digital marketing domain
4-6 hrs in 2 days per week
6 weeks of training & mentoring
8:00 PM - 10 PM alternate days on weekdays
Pass the DMSC test & qualify for the HR round (25 seats)
Reserve A Seat
What our trainees say
I found Mr Rungta's strategy on email marketing quite useful.
Live demonstrations and conceptual assignments gave us a hand on an understanding of the subject.
A real eye-opener to the vast ocean of possibilities that exists in the social media domain.
I was able to implement the structure and strategy right away into the business.
Budgeting is a complex task in digital and these guys have made it extremely simple.
The workshop was exciting and worth every minute. Highly recommended.
Opportunity after completion
You will be eligible for the HR round after the completion of the course. To qualify for the interview, you need to clear the Digital Marketing Strategy online test and PI. You will get more information about the test post completion of the course. (Not applicable for entrepreneurs)
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is a core for digital, and hence it is a must for everyone who is involved in strategy building and execution for a business.
- Under Graduates, Graduates, Job & Career Seekers
MBA Marketing & Marketing Heads
Media Advertising Professionals
Entrepreneurs & CEO’s
Business Development Managers
Freelancers, Bloggers & Web Designers
Small, Medium & Large Business Owners
Yes, we provide training material which you can download as PDF and excel. The material will include books, reading materials, frameworks, structures, caselets, exercises etc. Also, we provide access to Knowledge Feed where you can follow future updates on Digital Marketing from across the globe.
Yes, Of course. In fact, more and more companies are looking for people who have experience in traditional marketing and have digital marketing knowledge. McKinsey and co. noted that of all marketing jobs, 90% require some knowledge of a digital marketing component.
Our trainers are entrepreneurs and practitioners who are the contribution to the growth of the digital marketing ecosystem in India from the last 20+ years. We are digital success partners to few of the world’s most promising companies - Uber, Unilever, Bridgestone, Tesco Bank, Bank of America, Cashpoint, Fox, Mattel to name a few. So in a nutshell, you only learn what churn results, as we have done it for ourselves.